Creative Europe – Call – Networks of European Cinemas
10 augustus 2021
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
The aim of the support is to create and operate a network of cinemas with a view to:
- Encourage cinema operators to screen a significant proportion of non-national European films through incentives and collaborative projects;
- Contribute to raise and increase the interest of the audience for non-national films including through the development of activities for young cinema-goers;
- Help those cinemas to adapt their strategy to the changing environment including by promoting innovative approaches in terms of audience reach and engagement, as well as partnerships with other film industry operators as well as with local cultural institutions;
- Encourage exchange of best practices, knowledge sharing and other forms of cross border collaboration amongst members of the network;
- Contribute to the policy dialogue on the film industry by disseminating the outcome of the activities of the network beyond its members.
- Increase the audience for non-national European films on the European market;
- Reach new audiences for European films including young cinema-goers;
- Reinforce and renew the cinema experience;
- Adjust the business practices of European cinema theatres in terms of safety, sustainability and inclusion;
- Foster the innovation potential of European cinema theatres.
Description of the activities to be funded under the call for proposals:
The action will support a network of European cinema operators screening a significant proportion of non-national European films for an increased audience.
Special attention will be given to applications presenting adequate strategies to ensure a more sustainable and environmentally-respectful industry and to ensure gender balance, inclusion, diversity and representativeness.